- We had an awesome trip to Hawaii in April. I'll try to post pics. The whole picture thing annoys me as iPhoto makes no sense to me.
- Got home and had foot surgery on May 3 and still can't walk properly. Also annoying.
- Just finished the The Fionavar Tapestry by Guy Gavriel Kay -- a very clever and enjoyable bit of fantasy set a little bit on earth and a bit on other planets and surprising us with some King Arthur connections. Great beach reading.
- Also read Zoo Story: Life in the Garden of Captives by Thomas French which was a fascinating exploration of modern zooery. Non-fiction.
- Spent the weekend improving the gardens -- hauling cedar chips and creating places for tools etc. By this I mean that Jamie and the kids hauled, while I rested my foot.
- Looking forward to cousins coming at the end of next month.
- Getting ready to teaching a college-style English Composition to home-schooled high-schoolers next fall. I'll be teaching it online with Canvas, which is the slickest LMS you'll ever meet.
- Picking up 20 meat chicks this morning. Andy gets paid to take care of them. He's raising money for Young Life camp this summer.
- Updated the other blog.