1 1/2 C Sugar
2 C flour
1/2 baking cocoa
1 t salt
2 t baking soda
2 C applesauce or apple pie filing
2 t vanilla extract
1 C vegetable oil
chopped nuts if you wish
350 degrees 30-40 minutes.
I apologize. All these posts and I've never shared the recipe for Chocolate Applesauce cake. My sister shared this with me when I was newly married; perhaps it is the secret to our years of happiness.
Very yummy. Very easy.
1 large zucchini, peeled and quartered, or the equivalent in small zucchini
1 onion, quartered.
When soft, mash them up in the bottom of a pie plate. Cover with:
sprinkling of feta
sprinkling of herbs
6 eggs, blended together with a splash of milk
1 sleeve of Saltine crackers smashed into
1/2 C melted butter.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
and now Suzanne
These were my New's Years Resolutions.
1. Stay out of the hospital. So far, so good.
2. Wear fragrance and nail polish more often. Gave up on the nail polish when gardening season started.
3. Make and adhere to weekly menu plans. Occasionally successful.
4. Go for more walks. Starting to do better with this, thanks to Nutmeg. Need to replace my walking shoes.
5. Go to the gym 1-2 times a week. Took the summer off.
6. De-clutter the house, basement, and barn. Still in progress; still in the house.
7. Buy myself a miniature Australian Labradoodle. Success! Nutmeg is the cutest, sweetest, snuggliest, and best-behaved puppy ever.