Quote of the Day

1.06.2011

What took me so long?

Meal times are often a trial as Chickadee gets a little over-excited about the the two things she most missed as a small child: food and companionship.  If I leave the table, it gets worse; she shrieks and plays and can fritter away a couple of hours at the table, three times a day.

We have implemented a 30 minute maximum.  After 30 minutes, the food is put in the fridge for the next meal.  That resolved the fritter problem, but she wasn't eating enough and was still prone to shrieking.

iTunes has saved me.  I have downloaded Seeds of Praise - Seeds Family Worship, StoryNory Bible Podcasts, Paws and Tales Podcasts, Kids4Life Podcasts, 100 Bible Stories 100 Bible Songs, and more.  The 30 minutes for breakfast are now also 30 minutes of morning devotions.  There's teaching and singing and best of all, Dandy will not tolerate shrieking, as he wants to hear.

I can't believe it took me this long to figure out.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

You are so smart! And such a good mom. In fact, I often "star" many of your posts in my reader, for the day when my children are older and I can use some of your words of wisdom. Thank you! :)

Melissa said...

Thank you for the podcast Bible story ideas!! I'm looking them up right now. :)

Melissa said...

Thank you for the podcast Bible story ideas!! I'm looking them up right now. :)