Quote of the Day

6.19.2008

Dae Jang Geum

See these?


If someone offers to loan the Dae Jang Geum series to you, run. Because if you watch just one you will want to watch just one more and then just one more and so one. Each set has 6 3-hour discs and there are 3 sets!


The story revolves around the lives of the court ladies aka cooks in old Korea. The plot line is engaging, the costuming beautiful, and the cooking exquisite. Alas, it takes a toll on real life where I am over-tired (from staying up too late), my appearance is frumpy, and the cooking is not happening at all.



I sat down to watch them Sunday afternoon as I was fairly current on my housework and physically spent from stripping down and reconfiguring three rooms (bedroom, playroom, office) last week. I thought I'd take a little break. The break has lasted 3 days now.

As I said, run away.

~Suzanne



:: this post is included in the Movie Monday roundup hosted by Missy Frye.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that is time well-spent! Congratulations on finding something that you truly enjoy. Sometimes only finding the time to stop and search for what we really want to do is already hard enough!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of Dae Jang Geum. It's hard to get other people to watch it, given the expense, or even loan them the DVDs, since not many are willing to watch 54 episodes of anything, just on my recommendation. But, they just don't know what they are missing, do they?

If you are still watching it, you have many beautiful story developments to come. Although there are a lot of sad ones, too.

Chuck