Quote of the Day

5.27.2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook


I found this over at The Simple Woman and I rather like it.


Outside my window is a yard that needs to be mown, two children playing on a ladybug swing, an old dog dozing under the rhododendron and a young dog chasing gnats.

I am thinking about course proposals for Fall semester for 9th and 10th grade home-schoolers. I've never taught this demographic before.

I am thankful for
health, and strength, and the meeting of daily needs.

From the kitchen
waft the smells of chicken soup and fresh bread.

I am wearing
garden overalls.

I am creating
a happy childhood for my kids, I hope.

I am going
to California in August; I hate heat.

I am reading
blogs. I don't have time to read books anymore. So sad.

I am hoping
to revise my manuscript this year.

I am hearing
my daughter's giggle.

Around the house
is a flock of dustbunnies.

One of my favorite things is a loafing in the hammock.

A few plans for the rest of the week include making some concrete pavers and working in my Mom's garden with her.

Here is picture thought I am sharing






~Suzanne

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't this a great Meme? And just fun to see what everyone answers. Enjoyed reading yours.

Anonymous said...

I love this daybook thing too! and I'm so glad to be in good company with the dust bunnies, ~smile~. (((((HUGS))))) sandi~cute, cute pic!