Quote of the Day

6.02.2008

Creamy Lemon Chicken


This is so incredibly yummy that I licked the saucepan and I didn't care who saw me. The kids were awe-struck at the sight.

Creamy Lemon Chicken adapted from recipes found at Gluten-Free Girl

Heat in saucepan:
½ cube butter
Zest & juice of one lemon
2-3 cooked chicken breasts, cut into slivers
2 C marinated artichoke hearts, drained but not rinsed
1 C crème fraiche
¼ medium sweet onion, diced very fine

Serve over a nice pasta; Trader Joe’s Lemon Pepper Pasta is a good one.



~Suzanne

Technorati

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do a similar one - but it can lose the cream/butter if necessary.

Cook and drain pasta, steam broccoli florets (or asparagus, or sugar snap peas or...) I usually do that over the pasta water mix together. Cook the chicken in strips and add to the pasta/veg mix.

Open a jar of marinaded artichoke hearts and toss the whole thing over the pasta + broccoli + chicken.

I've used salmon (tinned or fresh), fried/grilled haloumi cheese, quorn fillets instead of the chicken. And we've been known to eat the leftovers when all the chunks of protein have gone....

Anonymous said...

OK, fine. I'm a sucker for all things lemon, and this has me drooling all over my keyboard! Augghh! Why do yummy things always have to have butter and cream, the bane of my existence!

Still, I have GOT to make this! Maybe for special, when my ds comes home from grad school in England and is hankering for Mom's cooking.