Quote of the Day

4.21.2008

angel hair casserole


I have never ever been able to accurately guess the amount of noodles to make. If I try to cook less than a full package, I always end up with not enough, so I have just given in and cook up the full amount which leads me to recipes for leftover noodles. Here is one of our favs.


Angel Hair Casserole

Combine:
3-4 C leftover Angel Hair pasta, cut into 2 inch chunks as it is all cold and congealed by now (actually most any pasta would work)
1 C ground walnuts
1/2 C finely diced raw onion
2 T butter
3 T olive oil
1 t garlic paste

1 t salt
1 t pepper

Add any or all or none of the following:
1 C diced fresh tomatoes
a couple of sauteed and slivered chicken breasts
1/2 C feta cheese

Heat in a casserole dish. Feel thrifty and resourceful.

As with any of my cooking recipes, quantities are flexible. Not so with baking of course.


~Suzanne


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds delicious! I do the same thing and always have leftover pasta.
I like to melt some butter in a saute pan and then add minced garlic, crushed red pepper and Italian spices. Toss the pasta in it, then grate some fresh parmesan cheese over it.

(Why can't I spell parmesan right this morning??? It looks right. . .but the comment box is telling me it's spelled wrong. . .)