Quote of the Day

1.15.2008

your own real kids (snarky)

Grrrrrr . . . At the doctor's office the other day the children's Russian background became apparent which brought us to the topic of adoption. The other lady made a tactless remark about own kids, to which I arranged my face into an appearance of perplexity. She failed to take the hint and rephrased her thought into another statement involving the words real kids.

Me: I'm sorry, you must have misunderstood, or perhaps I wasn't clear. We adopted them. Adopted means that they become our own real kids. That's kinda the point.

Her: No, that's not what I meant.

Me: I understand what you meant. My children also understood what you meant. That is why I am clarifying what adoption means. It means we are a real family and these are my own kids.

Her: Oh. Yeah. Uhm. Sorry . . .


~Suzanne



Technorati ,

No comments: