Quote of the Day

11.18.2007

holiday strata

I got this recipe from Owlhaven, but I've made it so often that I've bonded with it, so I'm going to share it here as part of my fall comfort food series.

If you are coming to visit us over Thanksgiving, you can look forward to this one.


Holiday Strata

Grease a 13×9 inch baking pan.

Cut into cubes and layer in pan:

1 loaf of Cinnamon Bread (the swirly kind from the fresh-baked section)
8 oz of cream cheese

Whirl in a blender:
8 eggs
2 1/2 C milk
6 T butter, melted
1/4 C sugar (white or brown) or maple syrup


Pour egg mixture over bread & cheese, smush down a bit.

Cover and chill for at least two hours, not more than one day.

Uncover and bake at 325 degree for 40-45 minutes or until the center appears to be set. Let stand for 10 minutes.



~Suzanne






No comments: