Quote of the Day

11.10.2007

half-lives & other insights

Did you know that Ibuprofen has a half life of six hours? So if I take 4 tablets at 8:00 a.m., I have 2 tablets worth in me at 2 p.m., at which time I can take two more to keep the level up to where it manages pain.

Also, paraffin baths rock (as does the niece who loaned hers to me). Paraffin baths don't fix my hands, but they take the ouch off long enough to go to sleep. Who knew? If there is an arthritis-sufferer on your Christmas list, buy them one of these:


I also learned that most people do not experience cold as pain. For me, cold is not one bit different than pain. When I am cold every joint hurts; apparently arthritis does this. I didn't know that other people don't experience this. I just thought everyone was more stoic than I.

~Suzanne

No comments: