Quote of the Day

9.23.2007

yummus yummus: hummus

Something about fall drives me into the kitchen reaching for dried beans and so forth. I think I my be part squirrel, worrying about the oncoming cold. Today I made hummus, for tonight's dinner and next week's lunches (in cheese sandwiches).


Hummus

Puree in blender:
4-6 cloves garlic
2 cans drained garbanzo beans aka chickpeas (reserve the liquid)
2 T lemon juice
3 T cumin (or more)
1 T paprika
1 C tahini aka sesame butter
fresh parsley
1 T sea salt


If your blender bogs down, add 1 Tb olive oil & 1 Tb garbanzo water per bogging.

Try to not eat it by the spoonful, at least not when your kids are looking.

Serve with soup and freshly made pita bread.


~Suzanne



:: this post is part of the vegetarian carnival hosted by VeggieChic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to make hummus, very glad to run across a recipe that does not have me soaking the beans and boiling them and whatnot. I like opening a can and going at it. I might try some tomorrow!

Thanks again!

Jason