Quote of the Day

9.07.2007

Friday Poetry: Elsa Beskow

. . . and another Elsa Beskow poem, for this, the first Friday in September.



September

Dear apple, on your branch,
please fall into my hat.
For if I take you off the tree,
They'll not be pleased with that!

Apples red and apples green,
please fall down upon the ground.
For if I pick you off the tree,
I cannot say how you've been found.

Apples here and apples there,
please fall into my hand.
My little sisters stand and stare
and wait for you to land.

Hips and haws and thistles tall
stand all around the tree.
All will soon be picked and stored.
Is there not just one for me?

Apples, apples, everywhere,
please let me have just one,
and just two more, please, tree,
then September will be done.
~ Elsa Beskow




Here is the coding if you want a button with a link to this week's round-up.




~Suzanne



:: this post is part of the Friday Poetry roundup hosted by Semicolon.

No comments: