Quote of the Day

9.14.2007

Friday Poetry: Anthology Holy Tango of Literature featuring Wilma Flintsone & Winnie the Pooh

If you like these, you must go to the Holy Tango site and read all about the Importance of Declaring Earnings.


Here's one for my literary readers:

LIKABLE WILMA
WILLIAM BLAKE


Wilma, Wilma, in thy blouse,

Red-haired prehistoric spouse,
What immortal animator
Was thy slender waist’s creator?

When the Rubble clan moved in,
Was Betty jealous of thy skin,
Thy noble nose, thy dimpled knee?
Did he who penciled Fred draw thee?

Wilma, Wilma, burning bright, ye
Cartoon goddess Aphrodite,
Was it Hanna or Barbera
Made thee hot as some caldera?
~ Francis Heany



hint



And here is one for the rest of my readers:

AN E-MAIL
A. A. MILNE


Whatever I do, there’s always Pooh,
There’s always Pooh and Me.
“Let’s write an e-mail,” I say to Pooh.
“That sounds like a wonderful thing to do,”
He says. I say, “I think so too.”
“Let’s write it together,” says Pooh, says he.
“Let’s write it together,” says Pooh.

“Where is the caps lock?” I said to Pooh.
(“Caps what?” said Pooh to me.)
“I think I’d rather if everyone knew
How excited I am.” “Of course,” said Pooh.
So I typed a whole screen, but I wasn’t through.
“I think it needs more,” said Pooh, said he.
“I think it needs more,” said Pooh.

“Let’s add some JPEGs,” I said to Pooh.
“Yes, let’s,” said Pooh to me.
I searched online and found a few,
And I showed them one by one to Pooh.
“They’re pretty big. Do you think they’ll do?”
“I think they’ll do,” said Pooh, said he.
“I think they’ll do,” said Pooh.

“Where shall we send it?” I said to Pooh.
“I don’t know,” said Pooh to me.
“I know who I shall send it to!
All of my friends—three hundred and two!”
“They’ll all want to read it, I’m sure,” said Pooh.
“I certainly would,” said Pooh, said he,
“I love to get e-mails from you.”

So whatever I do, there’s always Pooh,
There’s always Pooh and Me.
“Thank goodness for you,” I said to Pooh,
And Pooh agreed, “It’s certainly true
That two are better for thinking things through.”
“I’m not sure that got sent,” says Pooh, says he.
“Better send it again,” says Pooh.
~ Francis Heany




Here is the coding if you want a button with a link to this week's round-up.




~Suzanne



:: this post is part of the Friday Poetry roundup hosted by Hip Writer Mama.

No comments: