Quote of the Day

8.05.2007

more blueberries & a recipe


You do not care, I know, but I have to share that we brought home 17 more pounds of blueberries today, bringing our total up to 50 pounds. I think that may be enough.

Here is a recipe that was shared with me about a decade ago by my Aunt Donna's sister Diane.
It tastes like cream cheese danish topping on a shortcake crust with oodles of blueberries.

Blueberry Cream Cheese Yumminess

Preheat oven to 350 and locate a 9 x 11 baking dish.

Cut together:
1/2 C butter
2 eggs
1 t vanilla

Combine (in an other bowl):
1 1/2 C flour
1/2 C sugar
1 1/2 t baking powder
Pour the dry goods into the butter/egg mix, stir up, press into the bottom of the 9x11 pan.

Combine:
2 C sour cream
1 egg
1/2 C sugar
3 C blueberries
a wee bit of lemon zest
Pour the sour cream/blueberry stuff over the crust.

Bake 40-45 minutes.





~Suzanne

No comments: