Quote of the Day

5.21.2007

m M m M m M m M my makita



Years ago I bought My Gift a nice little cordless drill and promptly repossessed it. I think it was assumed that the drill itself was the gift, when in fact the gift was that I was about to take over numerous small 'honey-please-do' tasks. That little drill served me well for years and years and finally retired.

This time, instead of feigning a gift to My Gift, I just went and got myself a new drill, a Makita TD020DSEW 7.2V Lithium-Ion Cordless Straight Line Impact Driver Kit. I love that it bends. Today I installed a robe hook for him via the cool bendy feature. It came with a spare battery (oh the luxury), a charger, and a couple of bits, and a carrying case. I am roaming the house looking for things to build, install, or tighten.


I'm rather fond of power tools. I love that they free me from the waiting for The Gift to tend to the lengthy Honey-Do list. My other tool purchase of the year, a girl's first chainsaw: the alligator, has also been a big hit. Anything smaller than 4 inches diameter is now within my power.

What are your favorite power toys tools?

:: this post is included in the Carnival of Shopping #15

No comments: